CERTIFIED BASIC GANGOLOGY SPECIALIST / PRIVATE SECURITY
Gang Enforcement Academy
The Gang Enforcement Company
Who Should Attend?
What is Included?
The exam is conducted online from the comfort of your home or office and will be a mixture of true/false, multiple choice and scenario driven questions.
Position yourself as a leader within the private security profession as a Certified Basic Gangology Specialist (CBGS) and be the first in your company to get certified.
In the 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment estimated 33,000 gangs representing some 1.4 million “documented” gang members reported by law enforcement agencies in the United States. That number is up from approximately 1.0 million representing some 20,000 gangs in 2009.
Gangs can now be identified in all 50 states and D.C. with a national average of 48% of all violent crime being attributed to criminal street gangs with that percentage reaching as high as 90% in several cities nationwide.
The Basic Gangology Specialist Certification is evidence of a specialized skill set in the study of gangs.
In the first of its kind, this exciting course is part of an online series of individual certifications that make up the overall Gangology Program and must be successfully completed to advance to the next certification.
The Basic Gangology Specialist Certification focuses on developing the student’s level of knowledge pertaining to street gang evolution, gang crime law, gang identification, communications, typology, personal safety, and the psychological and sociological impact street gangs have on society, as well as officer and public safety.
This course is appropriate for all levels of criminal justice to include students and academy cadets seeking a career in public safety.
This is an incredible opportunity never available before to bring additional value to your professional capital that can be an asset to your hire-ability or better position yourself for that unit or task force placement and promotion.
Key Learning Objectives
- National Gang Statistics
- National Graffiti Statistics
- National Gang Definitions & Constitutional Protections
- Brief Gang History, Migration and Evolution in the U.S.
- Gang Graffiti vs. Tagger Graffiti
- Gang Ideology and Typology
- Gang Recruitment Methods
- Street and Prison Gang Allure
- Gender & Age Statistical Breakdown
- Indicators of a Gang Presence
- Folk Nation and People Nation Overview and Identifiers
- Gang Communications: Signs, Symbols, Codes, etc.
- Gangs and the Media and Social Media Influence
- Basics of Social Media Monitoring Prior to Event
- Gang Literature: Bibles, Book of Knowledge, Street Lit
- Gangs and their Impact on Public Events
- Private Security's Role in Gang Identification & Reporting
- Personal Safety
*Class dates are subject to change.
Your Basic Gangology Specialist Certification and Designation awaits you.
Why Get Certified? Click Here